4. The engine
The given Chapter is devoted the description of procedures of service and major repairs of the 6-cylinder V-shaped engine in volume of 3.3 l, the distributed injection of fuel equipped with system.
Each of heads of cylinders of the engine is equipped by two camshafts of the top arrangement (DOHC), operating functioning 24 valves (on 4 on each of cylinders). The engine has the compact design which basic component are made of an easy aluminium alloy the block and heads of cylinders.
The cranked shaft is planted in 4 radical bearings which covers are united in monolithic assemblage. The fourth radical bearing is persistent and in addition supervises axial люфт a shaft.
Pistons are equipped by two компрессионными and one маслосъемным rings. Piston fingers having semifloating landing запрессованы in the top heads of rods. In the bottom heads replaceable loose leaves шатунных bearings are located.
The engine has liquid cooling on the basis of centrifugal роторного the pump put in action from a gear belt. The cooling liquid circulates on internal galleries of the engine, washing cylinders and combustion chambers, and also is banished on the channels equipped in the inlet pipeline.
Greasing giving to internal components of the engine is carried out шестеренчатым by the oil pump located in a forward part of the engine under a cover газораспределительного of a belt. The drive of an internal gear wheel of the pump is carried out directly from a cranked shaft. Oil is sucked in through the mesh filter from the pallet картера, then banished through полнопоточный the filter of cartridge type.
The list of repair work carried out without extraction of the engine from the car
The following repair work listed more low can be made without removal of the engine from the car:
- Check компрессионного pressure;
- Removal and cover installation газораспределительного the mechanism;
- Removal and installation of a cover of drive ГРМ;
- Removal and installation of components of drive ГРМ (a chain belt/, gear wheels / of an asterisk);
- Removal and installation of camshafts and components of a drive of valves;
- Removal and installation of heads of cylinders;
- Removal and installation of pistons from rods *;
- Removal and pallet installation картера;
- Removal, regenerative repair and installation of the oil pump;
- Removal and installation маслоохладителя;
- Replacement of epiploons of a cranked shaft;
- Check of a condition and replacement of support of a suspension bracket of the power unit;
- Removal, check of a condition and installation приводного a disk
* Though after removal of a head of the block and the pallet (without removing the engine) there is a possibility of dismantle of shatunno-piston assemblages, it is not necessary to abuse such possibility in view of the complexities connected with necessity of observance of cleanliness and carrying out of some preparatory procedures. In view of told, the description of the given procedure is resulted further in the text of the present Chapter.
Before the beginning of works make careful cleaning of an impellent compartment and external surfaces of the power unit with application of one of a wide spectrum of special solvents. Such processing will allow to avoid hit of a dirt in the engine.
In case of need, forthcoming work defined by character, it is possible to remove a cowl for the purpose of maintenance of freedom of access to components subject to service, — in order to avoid casual damage of a paint and varnish covering cover car wings with special covers, or simply old blankets.